Wednesday, 17 September 2014

            Evaluation of my Journalism Task

Whilst trying to find information on Google in regards to music piracy, extracting relevant information was one of the hardest parts because sometimes the information could be accurate but the dates would be too far in the past to be used especially when i needed more current dates. Older dates were only really helpful to show trends etc. Also some sites were not reliable as when i was doing research there was completely different answers so logically i picked the facts and statistics that occurred more often and that followed a trend.

Secondly i found that using in design is slightly hard because that was the first time i was introduced to it and i was only really taught the basics. however it is better than Word as you can decorate your work a lot better and make it look presentable.

With my article the target audience was for people who obviously are interested in music but for an audience of 16 and over. It is quite formal hence why i kept the colors plain, black and white, because by adding colors it would have taken away the sense of seriousness and music piracy is a serious thing for the music industry.
I deliberately used a picture of Will.i.am because his quote was used as a microcosm of how most music artists feel towards illegally downloading music. In addition to this his face is really serious so straight away it should draw the audience in and make them know it is a serious matter.
To conclude this I feel I could have added a subheading and made the layout look a little less cliché. But making that article wasn't that hard however it could improved and look a lot better if I knew how to use in design better. For an introduction task that was taught to us in a couple lessons, I was quite pleased with all the information I gathered on music piracy as it wasn't a topic I had touched on before.

1 comment:

  1. You do touch on the main aspects of the induction exercise here Selina and you can clearly structure an evaluation. However this is very brief and you are lacking any illustrative examples taken from your research or from your own work. YOu could use more media specific terminology and expand your evaluation. You also need to proof read. This is a satisfactory induction. Vanessa

    ReplyDelete